I am just home after the September edition of our club's Management meeting which takes place every month. It never fails to amaze me just how much all our volunteers do on all our members' behalf throughout the year. The range of topics we cover is tremendous, my continued thanks and respect to all those concerned goes on.....
Firstly a mention to our U17s who played on Sunday in the final of the Hertfordshire Youth Cup. Despite a fantastic performance against a very strong club we came a very respectable second and had them worried for parts of the game. More to follow on this from Andy Mac, but my congratulations to all concerned on what has been a super season. Also thanks to Bob White for scoring in the final to even more polish the 'professional' image of our club which added to the many admirers who commented how well we performed, the spirit we took on the field and the way all supporters played their part on Sunday. I was and remain a very proud Chairman!
This Saturday is the final weekend of the adult league season. Our 1s are at home and need to win to retain our position in Division 3B and our 2s are safe in Division 10B. This season has been a breakthrough with so many juniors debuting and contributing so positively. To mark the end of our 2019 season we will be holding our first ever Curry-oke evening this Saturday and all are welcome; tickets will be £7 to cover some amazing homemade Indian food. We will also unveil a plaque to celebrate all our efforts as a club to buy our new roller. As I say, all are welcome so please come along!
There are other dates that I want to highlight
- This Friday (6th September) Enfield Lawn Tennis Club are hosting us at their club up on the Ridgeway. Please come along for a family social hit. We are meeting from 18.30, food will be on offer and the bar open.
- Friday week (13th September) I can not wait for our Junior Presentation Evening. Again, doors will be open from 18.30 and I look forward to celebrating all the many achievements of all our budding Junior cricketers with you all! More details to follow in my next mail.....
- 14th September - President's Putter. Meeting at 11.00. We need a minimum of 12 players and the cost will be £44 which includes a bacon roll, coffee, green fees and then ham, egg & chips and prizes. Please message/call Andy on 07957 745571 if you'd like to play.
- 12th October - more details to follow but we will be holding a Quiz Night at the club. Please get the date in the diary and bring along friends/ family for what is always a popular evening.
- Our vital end of season work rota weekend where we get the ground (outside and in) ready for the winter and prepare for the summer of 2020. Please mark 5th & 6th and 12th & 13th October in the diary and come along and help for a few hours on one of these days. If you / your family have played cricket at Strayfield Road, then you have a duty to come and help to ensure we can play cricket again next summer.......
- We have been advised that there will be Junior girl cricket coaching sessions taking place over the winter. The programme is aimed at U9-U12s and will take place on Welwyn GC on Wednesday evenings. If you are interested please reply to this mail or contact Nick Munt.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club