Following my mail from Friday, thanks to those who have sent in membership money. It is really appreciated; to everyone else, please do so ASAP.
What else is going on?
- We are holding two taster sessions for prospective new Junior and Adult members on Sunday 10th and 17th April. The sessions are also open to members so please mention to family, friends, neighbours and at the school gates and ask them to come and join you at Strayfield Road. Please see the flyer on the homepage
- Our online shop is ready for business. I have added a few new items over the winter and Stuart Surridge has a new Blade range of clothing that is available now. A set amount from every sale comes back to the club, so you are supporting NECC with every purchase
- As mentioned a couple of times recently, it costs us £18,000 to play cricket and 'stay alive' but we only bring £12,000 directly from membership and match fees. In order to play, the social side of the club has never been more important to make up at least £6,000. Not only do these events promote a positive spirit within the club, and are fun, but the money enables us to meet our costs plus, hopefully, take a little extra and invest in our/your facilities and equipment. Can I ask all members - whether you're a full, life, social or parent of a junior, bear two things in mind going forward:
- When you see a mail / text requesting help at a club private hire please put your hand up. If everyone volunteers once a year it spreads the load
- What social events do you want? We want to put on events that members want to come to and support. All / any ideas to Andy Mac, Del Boy or me please....
- We are looking to reform our ladies team, we have a few interested but need more players. Would you like to join the squad? If so please contact Mally or myself
- Finally I must make a polite reminder re. rubbish and prospective items being 'donated to the club'. No matter how well intended we have limited space and obligations re. waste. If you have an item that you think might be useful for the club (inside or out) please check in writing with Owen, Colonel or myself before you bring it to the club. Thank you.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield CC