Welcome to my first mail of my 40s. I think I am happy about it, but saying that I have no choice!! I have not sent a mail in a few weeks owing to holidays so here is an update from me.
Firstly is with much sadness that I have to report the sad passing of Richard Gillman after a short illness. Richard was a long time supporter of our club and dad of our 1st team vice-captain and junior coach Chris. I know you will join me in passing our very best wishes to Chris, Lesley and all the family.
Congratulations to all senior players who are representing us brilliantly on the field. There have been some excellent personal and team performances which are reflected in our league position and results on a Sunday. In summary the 1s are pushing for promotion from League Three A and the 2s are looking good in League Six B (this is no mean feat after back-to-back promotions!). Thanks especially to our skippers and their deputies for all efforts on and off the field!!
There was an U10 Junior tournament that we hosted at Strayfield Road on Sunday. Thanks for all help to battle against the weather, but especially to all the mums / ladies who worked tirelessly in the kitchen. In the end the rain had the last say, but each team played a game and those that remained after it stopped enjoyed a fiercely contested game of outfield cricket.
In rapid fire please mark some dates for your diaries
- Chairman XI vs Phil Jones XI THIS SUNDAY. We are aiming to start from 15.30 and there will be a BBQ from 18.00. Everyone is welcome to join us in our 40th birthday celebrations and there will be a bouncy castle, music, the bar open and camping optional into Sunday morning. Please shout to me if you have questions
- Monday 31st August - Junior Social / Sports Day - all enquiries to Phil Jones or Jane Crick please
- Junior Presentation Evening - 11th September - all tickets and questions to Chris Mckenna or Phil Jones
- Six a side tournament - 12th September - all players and teams to Darren Atkins or Mark Ricketts
- Andy MacMurdie is planning a New Years Eve Party, but needs to know numbers. Please come back to me or him if you are interested. There will be a TV and games room to keep the little people entertained.....
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes