Another season draws to an end at Strayfield Road. Congratulations to all associated with the club, but special well done to all those that have played for the 2s and gained promotion and all juniors who have played the first competitive games for NECC is years....
As well as my previous recent mails and various requests, a couple of things from me,
1. We must now start preparing for next season and we have 101 jobs to do inside and out. As advertised in the fixture card since the beginning of the season and in my mails recently we have work rota weekends this and next weekend (October 4/5 + 11/12 October). I ask ALL members and family to please come and do your bit. Please do not leave it to the same people. All days start at 10.00, please spend some time at your club, it really is rewarding and imperative. Thank you!
2. Dinner + Dance tickets/tables are selling fast. As you know, this years' date is on Friday 21 November @ 19.30, venue = Crews Hill Golf Club. Ticket price is £27.50 which I really think is excellent value for good food, a good venue and decent music. Mrs Chairman (my wife Kathryn) is working with Stu this year and helping organise the event. Please contact Kathryn on 07815 858931 or email email@example.com to confirm interest and book tables. I look forward to seeing you there.....
3. As stated before, money is very tight at our cricket club and social events allow us to play cricket, it is that simple. So all tickets and drinks sold over the bar are the lifeblood of cricket at North Enfield.
With that in mind we must have a New Years Eve party this year and we must all please make every effort to get there. As previous years, the night will be family friendly and there will be music and food on offer. Andy MacMurdie is keen to organise the event (any other help welcome) and would like to know now from all members whom is keen to attend and how many tickets do you require? Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org or reply back to me and confirm you are interested.
I know NYE is some time away, but we want to get in your diary now. Please do not leave supporting the event to someone else, the club needs your support please!!
4. Now that the season has drawn to an end, please mention our club to friends, family, work colleagues, neighbours etc, we always need new players and faces at North Enfield. Please pass on my details to anyone who might be interested in joining, or let me know who I can contact.
5. Finally, congratulations to a long standing club member and umpire at North Enfield, he shows us all that you are never too young for anything and has just launched his underwear collection at M+S! Dave Gandy, I salute you...... http://www.marksandspencer.com/l/men/david-gandy-for-autograph/david-gandy-for-autograph
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes