Hope this mail finds you all well.
I have a few things that I want to share with you all.
1. Both Saturday teams are going well and our Sunday XI too, however availability is still an issue. I know more than most that we are all busy, but if you can play please let our skippers know your availability, it saves them having to do all the calling around. Remember all progress and league tables can be found on the '2014 Fixtures' dropdown on our website.
2. This year's Chairman's game on the 20th July is going to be dedicated to our friend and team mate Tony Deacon. His family want us to raise funds for Cancer Research so that is what we are going to do. Please keep the afternoon free to either play or come to the club and support. More details to follow.....
3. We have changed the date of the President's Putter golf day to Sunday 19th October. All members and Junior parents are welcome. Again a flyer and full details are on our homepage.
4. A grand total raised for https://www.ssafa.org.uk/ during our game vs our friends at Enfield Ignatians RFC was £128 inclusive of donations and food. A relatively small amount but more than expected as it was not a specific 'fundraising' evening as such. And we took £300+ across the bar, again for a Friday night this was excellent. Thanks to all at EIRFC for their support, sorry that there were not a few more of our club members supporting. Thanks to Mandy Mac for doing the food, Dave Malleson for organising and the rugby lads + families for their support. Here's to next year.....
5. Our Junior Presentation Night will be held in the Pavilion on Friday 12th September. Evening will include games and bingo starting at 18.30. Snacks, cakes and drink will be on sale all night. Tickets cost £2.50 for each Junior, all parents and family members = free. Please buy tickets from Phil Jones or the tuckshop servers.
6. We are talking about making some major changes to the Clubhouse and behind the bar in the close-season. If you have any ideas, can help to do work or have contacts that can source materials then please let me know. Also if you have any kit / property in the Pavilion please ensure that you clear it, as it will be skipped if left for much longer. You have been warned!
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes