Hope this mail finds you all well. As I requested in my last mail and the mail before that, all senior players please let the skippers know your availability, keep in touch and make yourself available. It makes their life soooooooooooooooo much easier! Everything is looking good all around the club, but getting teams out at the weekend is a problem at the minute, which should be the easy part! Please do your bit and make their jobs easier.....
Talking about making people's lives easier, please also get your subs in. Subs are vital income to keep your club running, so if you have not paid please do so asap without having to be chased by the club terrier!
1. We have a game vs our friends from Enfield Ignatians RFC this Friday. Start = 18.00, flyer is attached. Please let Mally know asap if you can play please.
2. With Bingo's technical assistance we have added a fixture tab and links to each league site for all junior and senior teams. Link is top right of our home page at http://www.northenfieldcc.co.uk/ titled '2014 FIXTURES' as you hover over the title the options drop down for each league.
3. Steve Gandy has suggested to me that we plan a 3 Peaks challenge to raise money for the club. If you are interested in taking part or driving the minibus to support then please let me or Steve know.
4. Thanks to Ben Conway for organising a 2014 Presidents Putter competition date. He has booked Sunday 5th October @ Panshanger. All details are attached, please let Ben know if you want to play.
5. Thanks to Tony Hutchinson (one of our Junior dads), we also have a date in the diary for our Dinner and Dance. We have managed to get a place back at Crews Hill on 21st November at much beneficial pricing. Stuart really wanted to bring the price down last year hence the change of venue, but Crews Hill is a much better venue. Ticket price is TBA but we are hoping to keep the price similar to last year at the better venue. Please get the date in the diary and more details will follow.....
6. The ECB are looking for all cricketers to give feedback in Hertfordshire. Please visit http://hertsleague.co.uk/NCPS%202014%20-%20SHCL%20Generic%20Flyer.pdf for details and have your say.
7. Mark Ricketts is running a sweepstake for the upcoming World Cup. £5 entry and £65 first prize. Please buy an envelope from behind the bar and get yourself involved.
8. As mentioned last time, the game to mark the 200th anniversary of the current Lord's ground still has tickets available. Ticket details can be found at http://tickets.lords.org/EventDetailsNew.aspx?id=359&hmeName=M.C.C&vsName=M.C.C%20V%20Hertfordshire please select GRAND STAND tickets and I will see you there with Mrs Chairman and our boys....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes