Hope this mail finds you all well. As I requested in my last mail, all senior players please let the skippers know your availability, keep in touch and make yourself available. It makes their life soooooooooooooooo much easier! Everything is looking good all around the club, but getting teams out at the weekend is a problem at the minute, which should be the easy bit! Please do your bit and make their jobs that bit easier.....
1. Our Under 11s won their first game in the Herts Junior Cricket League last Thursday. We beat Broxbourne and there was much celebrating after the final ball by players, parents and coaches. Well done all!
2. Thanks to all those who supported our family quiz on Friday. Really enjoyable night to test the grey matter. Special thanks to Ben and Jen as question master and 'red pen waver'. Also thanks to Steve Gilmore and his employer http://www.soundcraft.com/ who donated a lot of speakers and earphones. We raffled some on Friday, but there are lots more for future draws. Steve please pass on our thanks!
3. More good news for the Junior section. We have been selected by Middlesex to have a team of 8 players and 2 adults to play cricket on the outfield at Lord's during the lunch break for the England ODI vs Sri Lanka on 31st May. We will be carrying out a democratic draw over the next few days. This amazing opportunity is one of the positive outcomes of being Clubmark and having a closer relationship with Middlesex. Thanks to them for the invitation!!
4. We will be showing the Champions League Final this Saturday on our Big Screen. Kick off is 19:45. All draft beer £2.50 and all bottles £1.50 during the game.
5. Mark Ricketts is running a sweepstake for the upcoming World Cup. £5 entry and £65 first prize. Please buy an envelope and get yourself involved.
6. Mark is also coordinating our very own NECC Fantasy League. Forms are behind the bar.
7. As mentioned last time, some of you might know that 2014 is the 200th anniversary of the current Lord's ground. It turns out that the first game to be played was MCC vs Hertfordshire, so on the 22nd June there is going to be a replay of the game to mark the landmark year. I thought that it would be an appropriate fixture for us to buy some tickets and take friends / family and meet at the game. Tickets are easy to get hold of and a wander round the ground and museum is brilliant to do. I honestly think that for all our juniors a visit to HQ is a must. Ticket details can be found at http://tickets.lords.org/EventDetailsNew.aspx?id=359&hmeName=M.C.C&vsName=M.C.C%20V%20Hertfordshire Please select GRAND STAND tickets.
I will be taking Mrs Chairman and our boys (tickets booked), so please come and join us in the St John's Wood sunshine for a picnic, a couple of beers, to watch some cricket at 'the other ground with a slope'.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
If you do not wish to receive future news updates from North Enfield Cricket Club, please reply to this email with the word STOP or simply text your email address and the word STOP to 07811 104459.