Hope this mail finds you all well. It is brilliant to see the season well and truly underway. Our juniors are in full swing and are playing their first league games as are our adults XI's. Please let the skippers and team managers for the Junior Team Managers know your availability, keep in touch and make yourself available. It makes their life soooooooooooooooo much easier! Thank you!!
1. We are holding a Family quiz night on Friday 16th May, 18.30 start. £10 per table, maximum of 8 adults/children (i.e. 2 families). Snakes and cakes will be on sale and all proceeds (as per all social events held) go to NECC. Please contact Phil Jones (07956 935560 or Ben Conway (07737 946880) to book a table.
2. As you will see at the footer of this mail, we made it into the latest copy of Middlesex Cricket News. Thanks to Bob White for supplying the wood for our damaged sight-screen! Thanks also the Kieran and the Colonel especially for the rebuild efforts.
3. As some of you know 2014 is the 200th anniversary of the current Lord's ground. It turns out that the first game to be played was MCC vs Hertfordshire, so on the 22nd June there is going to be a replay of the game to mark the landmark year. I thought that it would be an appropriate fixture for us to buy some tickets and take friends / family and meet at the game. Tickets are easy to get hold of and a wander round the ground and museum is brilliant to do. I honestly think that for all our juniors a visit to HQ is a must. Ticket details can be found at http://tickets.lords.org/EventDetailsNew.aspx?id=359&hmeName=M.C.C&vsName=M.C.C%20V%20Hertfordshire Please select GRAND STAND tickets.
I will be taking Mrs Chairman and our boys (tickets booked), so please come and join us in the St John's Wood sunshine for a picnic, a couple of beers, to watch some cricket at 'the other ground with a slope'.
4. If you have not done it, please fill in the questionnaire I have put together. Link is on our club homepage and will really help us make plans for your / our club!
5. We are working closer with St John's School, lot's of reasons for this which benefits both parties, which we are really looking forward to....... Follow this link http://webfronter.com/enfield/stjohns/index.shtml to their latest newsletter and to page 3 to see NECC in print.
6. Our fixture card has been printed and is available for all. Thanks to Bingo especially for compiling and arranging for it to be printed. It has vastly improved all round from what we had just a few years ago! Thanks also to Mally and Gleno for all input. Please review and get social events and key games in the diary. A .pdf version can also be found on our website for easy reference.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
If you do not wish to receive future news updates from North Enfield Cricket Club, please reply to this email with the word STOP or simply text your email address and the word STOP to 07811 104459.