Welcome to the 2013 season! Well it’s already a good start, as I write this Middlesex have already crushed Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to be unbeaten in the County Championship! So what about us?
Thanks to all those who did their bit over the workrota weekends. Generally a good turnout, but if you did not spare some time, then please make up for it in the coming weeks. Nothing happens by itself, we all need to contribute. Considering the winter we have had I think the whole ground is looking so very good. Thanks to Darren Atkins, Colonel and Del especially. Also thanks to the work done by Judy Mayo and the EVG the ground is draining sooooooo much better. My personal thanks to all volunteers/workers for all your efforts.
- All membership letters are out. We have cashflow problems at this time every year, so please pay promptly; every payment helps us, honestly! Any questions/queries please contact the club terrier – Glen Halley.
- I’m delighted to announce that we have a new club online shop. It will be live in the next day or so, so more news very soon.....
- I have slightly expanded the Code of Conduct Document that I have circulated several times. I have included a section called ‘What it means to play for NECC’ This has been unanimously approved at our last Management Meeting. Please read the attached and action all points. The aim is to make us a better club both on and off the pitch. Any comments, please let me know…..
- Planning permission for our news nets is still being sought. Don’t worry we are working hard to get this passed and get them installed asap. More news as soon as I have it…..
- Nets at St Mary's School are still taking place on a Wednesdays 20.00-21.00. Last session is the 8th May. All are welcome.
- Hopefully most of you will have seen that we got some excellent press in the current edition of EN Magazine. Thanks to Editor Douglas Lee for accommodating us so well.
- Fixture Cards are now printed and in circulation. Massive thanks to Bingo, Mally and Gleno for the final draft. If you don’t get one in the next few weeks, please let Gleno, Mally or me know.
- Couple of colts things. A letter has recently gone out to all parents. We have tried our best to accommodate as many colts as possible in 2013 in a safe and positive environment. We are bringing all colts back to a Wednesday and have decided to restructure the age groups. We will try and accommodate all colts from last season, please contact Kieran or Chris with any questions.
- Also as I have mentioned we are founding members of Enfield Cricket Development Partnership. They/we have an important day of Enfield Borough cricket coming up. Please find attached a flyer with all the details.
- Finally I’m very excited to announce that we have new club stumps. I know it does not sound much, but it’s just another little step taken to smarten and revamp our club image/brand. I hope you like them as much as I do! Image attached.
With best wishes