Hello all. I know it doesn't feel like it, but the cricket season is just around the corner……
What news from Strayfield Road?
1. Well we have made up the shortfall on our original funding for our new nets. Final amount raised is £26,322. Not an inconsiderable amount of money I can assure you. We do have a provisional start date in the diary with the contractor, but we are now waiting on planning permission from LBE. Fingers are crossed…..
2. The St Patrick’s evening planned for Saturday (16th March) is in ON which is brilliant news! 90 tickets have been sold. Please get your ticket money to Mandy or Andy asap so they don’t have to chase you. Thanks for all your support and I look forward to seeing everyone there.
3. Work rota is set for 6/7th April which is the Natwest Workforce Weekend. I will advise another couple of dates soon. Please get in the diary and do your bit.
4. As mentioned previously, we are currently drafting our fixture card so if there are any of you out there who have a business or know anyone who would want to place an advert for a modest fee, please get in touch for me. I'm also working on some new club kit and an online North Enfield cricket shop. If you are interested in sponsoring our shirts this season, or know a business that might be, then again, please let me know.
5. A reminder that nets start next week. Dates are 20th March to 8th May @ St Mary's School, Cheshunt. Time = 20.00-21.00.
6. Some of us had a really good Colts meeting to plan for the coming season. More news on this next time.....
7. EN Magazine have very kindly agreed to mention us in the next issue. There will be a longer piece on the Enfield Cricket Development Partnership in the edition after next. Thanks to Douglas at EN for helping us!
8. Membership letters will be with everyone shortly. Please do your best to pay quickly as cash flow is an issue for us in the early part of the season.
OK that's it for now. As always NECC is your club, please get in touch with me if you have any ideas or thoughts re. North Enfield CC or if you have any comments re. the Code of Conduct Document that I have already circulated.
With best wishes to all