For those of you that could not make the AGM, the main news is that I was re-elected as Chairman! So, here is my first official mail of the 2013 season!
Thanks to all of those who attended the AGM, I thought that the meeting was very positive and a lot was achieved. I have attached my report for all to review. Also I have some more very important and exciting news which I announced on the night.
After much work from Glen Halley, Dave Malleson and myself we have been successful in gaining £24,969 of funding for NECC. I still cannot believe it!! Of the money, we can spend £23,646 on nets and the balance on equipment and coaching awards. Since the confirmation we have been working hard with suppliers to try and get the nets installed for the start of the coming season. At present we are £1,353 short for the nets so are looking into other funding pots to make up the difference. If anyone has any ideas please shout!
This is such a vital award for the whole club, but especially important for the Colts section. When I was first elected as Chairman I stated that the Colts are the lifeblood of the club, that is why Ken, Kieran, Ben, Sparky, Del, Andy Mac, myself and all the other coaches / helpers were so committed to re-set up the Colts section 4 years ago. I have stood up in front of all Colts parents several times to restate this, so hopefully now you will see that I am true to my word. I can assure you that there has been a lot of hard work behind the scenes, so again my thanks to Glen and Dave for all their support to me. I'll keep you updated on our continued progress and I for one cannot wait to see our fantastic, brand new nets installed and being enjoyed by all!
For the record Glen, Dave, Kieran Jones and I are working on other funding efforts. I'll keep you updated.....
1. I'm pleased to confirm that the St Patrick’s evening planned for 16th March is in ON which is brilliant news! These events generate income which is vital for the survival of our Cricket Club. Thanks to all for your support and if you wish to come and have not already confirmed please contact Mandy (07951 701086) or Andy (07538 911103). The band playing on the night are called Elsyng and are on Facebook for those of you who would like a sneak preview. The evening will start at 20.00 with the band on from 20.45. There will be an Irish buffet including boiled bacon, salads, soda bread, cheeses, salmon, prawns etc, which is included in the £5 entrance money. Andy will also be selling Irish coffees for anyone who is interested. I should be grateful if you can pay for tickets in advance please. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hope it will be a great night!
2. As mentioned previously, we are currently drafting our fixture card so if there are any of you out there who have a business or know anyone who would want to place an advert for a modest fee, please get in touch for me. I'm also working on some new club kit and an online North Enfield cricket shop. If you are interested in sponsoring our shirts this season, or know a business that might be, then again, please let me know.
3. Following on from the AGM, congratulations and thanks to all those who now hold a position on the Management Committee or are a playing captain / vice-captain for the coming season. I look forward to working with you all.....
4. A reminder that nets are fast approaching. Dates are 20th March to 8th May @ St Mary's School, Cheshunt. Time = 20.00-21.00.
5. Those involved in Colts are having a meeting soon to discuss the coming season. I'll update the outcome of the meeting in my next mail.....
OK that's it for now. Please get in touch with me if you have any ideas or thoughts re. North Enfield CC or if you have any comments re. the Code of Conduct Document that I have already circulated.
With best wishes to all