1. As advised, our AGM has been set for the evening of Sunday 3rd February and a 19.30 start. A separate email has been sent already with all the details, if you have not received it, then please let me know. I appreciate that there are not many positions that need filling in the club (I think a good sign), but I still urge you to attend as there are a few very important issues to discuss and (I hope) some news to announce that affects all of us in a very big way. Please please please come along and have your say.
2. One such topic and a document that I want us to agree on is a 'Player Code of Conduct' to ensure that our good name remains in tact. I have drafted the attached document to act as a reminder to all of their responsibilities when the taking the field in Green and Gold. I do not propose to adopt this into our rules, but I do want us all to agree to follow the guidelines. Of course this is a draft for you to review and is now 'out there' for discussion. Please let me know thoughts directly, or have your say at the AGM.
3. Mandy and Andy are still organising a St Patrick’s Night Party at the Cricket Club on Saturday 16th March from 19.30ish (TBC). Tickets will be sold in advance at £5 (limited) each. A live Irish Session Band playing traditional Irish music. Admission includes a buffet including Irish food. Please contact Mandy (07951 701086) or Andy (07538 911103) for secure yours.
4. A reminder that nets are booked. Dates are 20th March to 8th May @ St Mary's School, Cheshunt. Time = 20.00-21.00.
5. We have also been written to by Enfield council to notify us that the work to the Greenway path through Hilly Fields Park is due to start this month. Please see the notices attached for further information.
6. One other thing. After months of chasing, mailing, calling and writing to Enfield council, finally the flytipping has been removed from outside our gate. They have put their hands up and admitted it is their responsibility! It has been a long drawn out process to get this done behind the scenes. My special thanks to Jason Lowen at Crew Hill Resident's Association for spearheading the fight. Thanks Jason!
Ok that's it. Please get in touch with me if you have any ideas or comments re. North Enfield CC and if you want anything to be raised at the AGM.
With best wishes