We had our October Management meeting a week ago, it has been such a busy summer for the club and the game of cricket!
We have been blessed with a settled and committed Management Committee over the last decade. We are so fortunate to have talented and hugely motivated volunteers, without whom we would simply not exist. But all good things do come to an end and two members of the team are resigning at the AGM in February.
Glen Halley took over from me as Membership Secretary 9 years ago and has been relentless in chasing for money and registering players. He and I wanted the club to attain Clubmark so also agreed to become our Clubmark officer too. I can not thank Glen enough on behalf of the club for all he has done! We have spent lots of time together on Clubmark and also various successful fundraising bids over the years the highlight being new nets) and I've enjoyed it all! Gleno you have achieved and contributed such a lot, thanks for everything!
Jane Crick has been our Pavillion Secretary for longer than we both care to remember and was the driving force behind our recent Pavillion refurbishment. Jane your legacy will last for many years to come and I thank you and the family for all you have contributed to NECC!
So we have two positions to fill, three really including Clubmark Officer. All positions are crucial to ensure our club runs smoothly. We meet monthly (though you don't have to come to every meeting), we already have good processes in place and jobs are shared and are very manageable. If you are a player, parent or friend of the club and would like to get involved off the field, please do let me, Steve Gilmore or Richard Barber know.
Now the season is over we have to find a few ways to get some money into the club as we still have bills to pay and jobs need to be done to ensure we can do it all again in 2020....
- Another reminder that we have a second Work Rota this weekend. From 9am we need your help. We have lots to do inside and out so please come along for a few hours and do your bit on one of the days. Thanks to all those that attended last weekend!
- 12th October (also this Saturday) - Family Quiz Night @ NECC. Tables of 8ish, £2 per person and the bar will be open. Please let Steve Gilmore know if you can come. If you cannot get 8, then no worries we would be happy to make up teams.... We need to get enough people to make this event happen as we need to put a few £1s over the bar. Please confirm to me or Steve ASAP
- 22nd November - NECC Dinner & Dance to be held at Enfield Ignatians Rugby Club (EIRFC). Ticket will be £35 for adults and £25 for our U17 players. Price includes a three-course meal and DJ. Kathryn is organising again this year, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or table
- Sunday 1st December - Christmas Wreath making. This event is always very popular. Meet at 13.00 for a 13.30 walk around Hilly Fields foraging for greenery, back to the club for mince pies, mulled wine and creating
- Saturday 14th December - EIRFC President's Lunch. We take a table every year and support our egg-chasing friends. It is a great afternoon and not to be missed. Please let me know if you would like to join for an afternoon of roast beef, roast potatoes, port and stilton cheese. What's not to like?
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club