Thanks to all Juniors, parents, family, friends and North Enfield members for attending the Junior Presentation Evening on Friday. It was a great evening and celebration of the future of our club. Well done to all juniors who have represented our club so brilliantly in 2018. Thanks again to Nick and all coaches / helpers. Can't wait for 2019.....
For those that don't know, unfortunately our 1st XI were relegated on the final weekend. For many years I have been so proud and pleased to report successive promotions for our 1s and 2s, but this year has been tricky for a lot of reasons. Thanks goes to our captains plus their vices and to all those that have stepped over the white line to represent NECC this summer. Please attend the EGM on the 25th September to get things on the right course for 2019.
Some dates for the diary:
- 25th September - NECC EGM
- As per the Fixture Card, the weekends of 6/7th and 13/14th October are our end of season Work Rotas. We need to tear up the old wickets and reseed them which is so much easier with lots of hands. There are many other jobs to do too. Can you please do your best to attend a few hours on one of the days. In previous years way too much has been done by a few people. This work is so important and should be done by the whole club. Thanks and see you there....
- TBA - President's Putter @ Toots Hill Golf Club. This is our annual golf day and is your chance to get your name on the trophy hanging in the pavillion. Andy Pearson is finalising the details and I will mail them out soon.
- 20th October - Race Night with all funds going towards our new roller. We have access to a full race card and the bar will be open. Please put the date in the diary and bring some friends to raise some much needed funds for our much needed roller.
- 9th November - NECC Dinner & Dance to be held at Enfield Ignatians Rugby Club (EIRFC). Ticket will be £35 for adults and £25 for our U15 players. Price includes a three course meal and DJ. Kathryn is organising again this year, please contact her at email@example.com to book a place or your table.
- 15th December - we want to support EIRFC President's lunch as we have done previously. It is a great afternoon and a great way to support our sporting neighbours. Please let me know if you can join and make up a cricket table.
- 31st December - Family NYE. As per this year's successful night, we are going to hold another party to see in 2019. I emphasise 'family' as there will be a cinema and activities for all the young people. Further details to follow....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club