Further to my mail no. 159 thanks so much to all members who replied to what is a very difficult issue. The broad consensus was in agreement of the Committee's stance and proposed roadmap. One thing I would like to state categorically is that we wrote to the league to say that we were consulting all members over the weekend and we would write to them on Monday this week with further news. They somehow took that to mean that we were withdrawing our 2nd XI on Friday without us actually stating that.
Regretfully there was no better plan advised so we have now formally withdrawn the 2s from Division 6B. The main concern was that members that are available to play cricket are picked on a rotation basis so everyone gets a chance to play. I have spoken to TC and he has assured me that that is his intention and the good thing is that we have a fantastic list of Sunday fixtures (many clubs do not have a Sunday team) so there is an option to play then too.
So to reiterate
- An EGM date in September will be advised soon by Owen via one of these mails
- There is no option off limits for 2019, we must have good attendance at the EGM to ensure all views are heard from across all sections of the club
- The decision just made is for the benefit of the whole club and although it is frustrating and disappointing in the short term, it takes the pressure off selection in 2018. We must then re-group in the autumn to be ready as a club for 2019
If you have any ideas or thoughts for the EGM please mail me, Owen or Richard Barber, as stated several times, we want as many views and ideas as possible.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club