I hope this find everyone well.
Although you have not heard much from me recently, I can assure you that there is a lot happening to ensure we make every preparation to ensure the 2018 season will be another successful one at Strayfield Road. So, what has been happening?
- Our insurance claim has been settled and we have decided to knock down our existing garages and replace with containers. They are much stronger and will serve us well. Thanks to Andy Mac and Del for leading the charge in order to get them ordered, site prepared and installed.
- Our 2018 fixture card is almost there. If you would like to take an advert for a modest donation to the club then please let Mally, Gleno or I know ASAP please.
- Our bar will have a contactless option going forward. It's something that we have been working on for some time, so we are very excited we are now able to accept cards for match fees and bar payments......
- Thanks to all those who have sent their membership money in already. This cash really does aid the smooth running of our club so thank you.
- Our first Work Rota is this weekend as previously advertised, the second is the weekend after Easter. It is wet on the ground but we have 101 things to do so PLEASE make every effort to attend to help the Colonel and Jane. If you are a full member, parent or junior we have jobs to suit everyone inside and out. Please come along to help and you will pick up some vouchers for the bar in case you need motivation, as mentioned in Glen's membership letter.
There is more to say but I have an early flight in the morning so need to get some beauty sleep. More to follow soon....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club