I hope this mail finds you all well. It is hard to think that December is here, but it really is! I hope you all have a brilliant run in to Christmas and celebrations too.
Sorry for the radio silence with emails, believe me there has been a fair amount going on, I just have not found the time to draft something, so here goes.....
1. Thanks to all those that supported the Dinner + Dance. The Beautiful South restaurant looked after us well and everyone seemed to really enjoy the night. Thanks to Stu for organising the whole night, awards and flowers!
2. If you were not at the Dinner + Dance, attached is a full list of award winners. Very well done to every person mentioned, might be you on the list next year.....
3. As confirmed on the night and now in paper we have obtained our Clubmark from the ECB with our first application. I could not be prouder of this achievement!! It demonstrates that
- our club is run in an approved way
- our people are competent and qualified when required
- all our cricketers play in a safe and protected environment
- their families and all guests are also welcomed into a proper club
- behind the scenes we are operating correctly and ensure correct insurance, protocols, policies etc are in place to benefit all
- we have a plan for the future to ensure that cricket is played at Strayfield Road for many generations to come
- in short we are doing the right thing!
4. A date has been set for the AGM. Please mark Sunday 9th February 2014 in your diary. AGM will start at 19.45. I urge as many people to attend as possible. ALL MEMBERS are very welcome. Owen White our secretary will send a letter nearer the time.....
5. I have stumbled upon a couple of links that I thought would be of interest.
The first is a series of mini videos on the Laws of Cricket, which I thought are very useful especially for some of our older juniors http://www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/laws-of-cricket-animations/laws-of-cricket-animations-english/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Marylebone+Cricket+Club&utm_campaign=3150639_Members+information+email+02.10&utm_content=LoCEnglish&dm_i=188Y,1VJ1R,67L7OL,6Q1RF,1
Also there is to be a revamp of first class cricket fixtures in 2014. Here is a short and simple explanation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dECzH9sP8gw&feature=youtu.be
6. This year I have wanted to support/raise the profile of other grassroot sport in Enfield. We have been speaking with
Enfield Ignations RFC http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/enfieldignatians/
Enfield 1893 FC http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/enfield1893/
and done some joint advertising, and have supported some of each others events; we even played EIRFC in a 2020 game in the summer. Richard Gillman who is a longstanding NECC member has very kindly donated 4 Enfield 1893 FC season tickets to us as a way of introducing the club to members of NECC. The E's are of course the original Enfield football club who play at the Goldsdown Road Ground, Brimsdown. Fixtures are on their website, so if you are keen to support the club please contact me for tickets. Thanks again Richard and continued good luck for the season.....
7. Finally we are planning a festive beer on the 21st December. Venue is the Jolly Butchers on Baker Street, meet from 20.00. See you there....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
If you do not wish to receive future news updates from North Enfield Cricket Club, please reply to this email with the word STOP or simply text your email address and the word STOP to 07811 104459.