Hope this mail finds you all well.
I have a few things that I want to share with you all please.
1. As reported previously our U11s played at Lord's a few weeks back. Here is the report that Tony Hutchinson had published by St George's school. Thanks Tony!!
"Due to the hard work that North Enfield Cricket Club have done to attract juniors into Cricket over the last few years and to attain ‘Clubmark’ status, the English Cricket Board invited NECC to send a team of 8 juniors to play an exhibition game at Lords on Saturday 31st May, during the lunch break of England v Sri Lanka One Day International match and watch the Match.
There are many children from St Georges that attend the Wednesday evening coaching sessions at Strayfield Road. The U11’s age group were chosen to represent NECC as they have been at the club since its Junior Coaching Programme began. Names were drawn and the Lucky ones were :
As per Photo from L to R: Liam Hannon, Luke Cushieri, Finbar Major, Sam MacMurdie, Adam Hutchinson and Rose Kelly.
When asked what they thought, they said it was ‘Awesome, Inspiring and an Amazing experience.’
‘I got a huge round of applause from the stand when I took my wicket, it was unbelievable’, said Adam.
The Team had a magical day playing in front of 28,000 people at the Home of Cricket. I’m sure they will treasure the memory for the rest of their lives.
Many thanks to Andy MacMurdie and Andrew Pearson, the Coaches, for giving up their time and making this experience happen.
If you are interested in getting your child into cricket, contact Chris Mckenna, NECC Colts Secretary for details on email@example.com. Junior coaching is on a Wednesday evening with small sided games scheduled through various evenings and weekend mornings."
2. Thanks also to Dave Roberts (another parent of one of our budding Juniors) we now have a private Facebook page where parents can share photos, travel arrangements etc. as it's only open to parents it means the photos are controlled.
3. The MCC vs Hertfordshire game is this Sunday. Please find a flyer attached for more info.
4. Some of our older members will remember Mike Smith who played at Enfield Grammar + North Enfield as well as Middlesex + England. Please find attached a really good article that appeared in the latest Cricket Society Journal that I thought might be of interest to some.
5. Finally this year's Chairman's game on the 20th July is going to be dedicated to our friend and team mate Tony Deacon. His family wants us to raise funds for Cancer Research so that is what we are going to do. Please keep the afternoon free to either play or come to the club and support. More details to follow, but plans are afoot.....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes