Well the new season is within touching distance. A lot of work happens behind the scenes all winter to keep us going, to do one thing, play cricket. We are almost there but....
- In order to play cricket we all (juniors and seniors) need to do our bit and help out for a part of our vital work rota weekends. As per my previous mails the weekends in question are 28/29th March (also Natwest Cricketforce Weekend) and 4/5th April. There will be people at the club from 10.00, not only is it hugely rewarding, but attending is also fun!
- As per my last mail, I have set up WhatsApp groups as a way to more easily communicate together. If you don't have it, please splash out 69p, let me know and I'll add you to the lists.
- A group of players have been using our super nets when the weather permitts over the last couple of weekends. Any questions, please contact Kieran, Gillers, Mark or Alex.
- On the subject of nets I am looking to organise a social event after / before a net session on the 12th April. I have looked at a few options, but I think Clay Pigeon Shooting at the farm behind the club is the best shout. Please reply and let me know if you are interested, options are:
- £30 for x25 shots and clays from x2 stations
- £45 fro x50 shots and clays from x5 stations
- Prices include tea, coffee, biscuits and photos
- Nuffield Health at Enfield Grammar School have kindly sponsored our fixture card (thanks to all sponsors for their support!. They currently giving away a free 5 day gym pass (T’s & C’s apply) to all NECC members which will expire on the 31st of May. Please contact Julian Akintokun @firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203745 5055 quoting North Enfield CC.
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes