I hope this mail finds you all well. If I haven’t already seen or spoken to you, Happy New Year! Let’s hope it brings us a good summer of weather and continued success to all connected to NECC…….
Now the first thing to say is that I’m typing this on a new family Mac that I’m trying to get to grips with, so if the formatting is a bit off then please bear with me! So what news from NECC in mid January 2014? Well,
1. As mentioned last time a date has been set for our AGM. Please mark Sunday 9th February 2014 in your diary, start = 19.45. All members and parents of juniors are very welcome, the more views that are expressed the better. A formal letter will follow very soon from our Secretary Owen White……..
2. After last year’s brilliant night, Mandy and Andy Macmurdie are arranging another St Patrick’s evening of music, food and fun on Saturday 15th March 2014 (19.30ish start) at North Enfield. Tickets will be £7.50 per adult and will include a live Irish sing a long band (Elsyng) and a varied Irish buffet. For those who attended last year, it will be roughly the same format, which I know was enjoyable. As it is with any adults only evening as we have limited tickets so if you are interested, please contact Mandy (07951 701086) or Andy 07538 911103) soon to ‘get your name on the list.’
3. As stated at the end of last season we will be entering our juniors into some leagues. There are some upcoming meetings so I will be sure to update you when I have some more details. Also we are holding a junior section meeting in a week or so to plan for the coming summer, I will be sending round a questionnaire to gather thoughts, but if you do have any thoughts or offers of help in the meantime, then please let me have them.
4. This year I have wanted to support/raise the profile of other grassroot sport in Enfield. We have been speaking with
Enfield Ignations RFC http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/enfieldignatians/
Enfield 1893 FC http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/enfield1893/
and done some joint advertising, and have supported some of each others events; we even played EIRFC in a 20/20 game in the summer.
On the same note, Richard Gillman who is a longstanding NECC member has very kindly donated 4 Enfield 1893 FC season tickets to us as a way of introducing the club to members of NECC. The E's are of course the original Enfield football club who play at the Goldsdown Road Ground, Brimsdown. Fixtures are on their website, so if you are keen to support the club please contact me for tickets. Thanks again Richard and continued good luck for the season…..
5. Indoor adult nets have been booked for March at St Mary’s School, but we are waiting for formal confirmation. I will give you details in my next mail…...
6. As this is my last mail before the AGM, I want to finish by especially thanking all who have served on Management in 2013. So much work happens behind the scenes without which we would not play cricket, as we would not have a club! On a more general note, thanks also to all of you who contributed to our club in 2013, our club thrives on people contributing in their own way; that is what makes us special. I could not be prouder of all efforts!
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know, or even better bring them to the AGM!
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
If you do not wish to receive future news updates from North Enfield Cricket Club, please reply to this email with the word STOP or simply text your email address and the word STOP to 07811 104459.