Well I have reached my second hundred at North Enfield! When I was voted in as Chairman at the club's AGM in early 2011, I wanted to create a forum to communicate with all members and friends of the club. The days of the printed Strayfielder Magazine seemed light years ago! We all have an affiliation to the same club but many members never meet as their paths don't cross, so they don't get a chance to know what is happening and what we are achieving together.
My solution was my 'View from The Chair' email, starting with a handful of member's email addresses that I sent from my personal gmail account; we now have 240 on the distribution list sent in a format which I hope you agree is way more professional. The aim is to engage and inform all sections of the club of news, progress, shortfalls and upcoming events. For those of you that are regular readers I thank you for taking the time to read my mails and as per my last appeal, all comments are most welcome.
A few things from me please.
- Selection remains a problem, especially as we are entering holiday season. Please do your very best to make yourselves available and please be proactive and keep the skippers informed. So much easier that you let them know what you can do, than them having to make lots and lots of phone calls.
- Reminder that our Junior Presentation Night is in the diary for Friday 9th September. Phil and Kathryn are selling tickets for £2 per colt member and their family and there is an awful lot to celebrate and salute. I urge all members to come along for a drink and cheer as our 2016 Juniors are awarded their medals and certificates. Cakes and puddings will be on sale, plus there will be a raffle too!
- A date for the diary. This year's Dinner and Dance will be held on the 12th November @ Crews Hill Golf Club. More details to follow.....
- We as a Club are proud to be Clubmark accredited. This is such an important statement to show everyone that we are run to the highest standards and that all of our process, procedures and paperwork are approved by the ECB and Middlesex Cricket. There are many things to keep up to date and refresh but all the effort is well worth it. I have attached one document for everyone's review which is our Club Development Plan for 2016-17. If anyone has any questions or suggestions then please let me or Gleno have them.
- We had a great game of cricket with the boys at Enfield Ignations RFC. They always bring a team up to the club and beat us handsomely in the beer race! They have kindly invited us to any of their social events and have asked if we would like a table for one of their President's Lunches. All details are below and attached. Please speak to Mally or myself if you would be keen to join us.
Thank you for another very good game of cricket last Friday, all the lads thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Here are our socials for the year, any member of North Enfield CC is more than welcome to come to any of these and is also welcome at EIRFC any time.
The dates for the President lunches are:
8th October v Harpenden
17th December v Welwyn
11th February v Harrow
1st April v Haberdashers
If you would like to attend any of these please let me know I will speak to the president and get something sorted."
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club